I’m going to be financially secure by age 50 (in less than six years). I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. Last month I created my master plan for achieving this goal, and I’m going to share it here:
I Will Be Financially Secure By Age Fifty
Start – 01 September 2013
Finish – 20 August 2019
I will be able to protect my family and enjoy the benefits of financial stability.
My definition of Financial Stability
I will be earning €30,000 (US $39,000) per year, and this will come from my own writing (not writing for clients). I will have no debts, and I will have bought my own house.
How Will I Achieve This Goal
• Reaching financial security before age fifty is now my main priority in life. I can’t care for my wife and son properly while our finances are so unpredictable. I will do whatever it takes to make this a reality.
• I will be self-disciplined enough to do what needs to be done. I will not stop until I reach this goal.
• I will be willing to work long hours, without complaint, to reach my goal.
• I’m going to be grateful for what I have in my life right now.
• I’m going to enjoy the process of achieving my goal.
• I’m going to celebrate my small victories because this is going to keep me motivated
• I will do something every day to bring me closer to achieving my goal
• I will stop listening to the negative bullshit inside of my head – I’m going to make this happen.
• I will gain the knowledge I need to make my goal a reality.
• I will meditate for one hour every day to keep myself in good mental shape.
• I will eat well and keep and work on my physical fitness.
• I will learn from my failures.
• I will be accountable by monitoring my progress closely – daily progress tracking and weekly progress tracking.
• I will keep on asking myself if what I am doing is helping me achieve my goal – if not, is it worth doing at the moment?
• I’m going to eliminate anything from my life that is holding me back
I’ve been using this plan for one month so far, and it is working to keep me focused. I’ve also developed a ritual where I visualize achieving my goal, and I do this ritual at least twice a day. I’m not performing this visualization to magically fool the universe into manifesting my desires (I’m not convinced this works), but to keep me motivated – this is also working really well.
Achieving these goals does mean getting out of my comfort zone, but it is definitely within my ability. I’ve already made significant progress. I’m so glad to have such a clear goal for my life. I feel strong, positive, and excited about the future – basically I feel unstoppable.